08 Sep The 5 Simple Steps to Creating your next CPD Webinar!
Did you know that 72.3% of organisations rate online education/webinars as valuable when considering how CPD and CPE resources are delivered*?
Learn to create a highly professional and engaging CPD webinar through the following 5 steps.
You can have the most amazing event in the world, but what’s the point if no one knows about it?
- Branded email invitations, confirmation auto-responders and reminder emails.
- Branded registration pages, including sponsorship and presenter information.
- Appropriate social media channels to promote your event.
A confident, knowledgeable and passionate presenter can make all the difference. Always train on these skills:
- Technical: Ensure they can login to the platform and have a good internet connection.
- Interactivity: Ensure they understand all interactive features and how the tools work.
- Format: Upload their presentation and ensure each segment works with polls, Q&A etc.
Technology, remote attendees—so much to think about! If you want your webinar to run smoothly:
- Test all technology prior to the event start time.
- Assign a facilitator to moderate any questions or attendee technical difficulties.
- Provide a support number in case there are any issues – we recommend your webinar provider.
It’s all about measuring your return-on-investment, delivering value and enhancing the experience.
You can achieve that by:
- Measuring attendance rates and tracking online behaviour from chat transcripts, polls and quizzes.
- Understanding what is and isn’t working with reports on registration page conversions.
- Tracking subject lines and engagement levels with reports on email opens and click-through rates.
What happens after your event is just as important as the event itself. Ensure a great experience by:
- Creating and sending CPD certificates to all who attended.
- Sending the webinar recording and supporting documentation to all registrants.
- Download the webinar reports and evaluate the feedback.
More and more organisations are choosing online platforms as their main communication tool. Why? Because they allow you to report on participant behaviour, access extensive reporting and your content can live as long as you want it to with the option to host on-demand.
How can you leverage the online world to reach and engage more members? We’ve put together our The CPD Webinar Guide that includes everything from creating your events to maximising them once they’re done. Check it out to improve your engagement, higher attendance, reporting today.
*SurveyMatters, 2014 ‘Associations Matter – State of the Sector Study’, SurveyMatters, page 32